WHAT DOES THE GOVERNMENT SAY ABOUT YOUR 2020 WEDDING?
Did you watch Boris last night? I did, too. Got any clarity about your wedding from it? Me neither.
Well, the government released the roadmap for getting out of lockdown today and the good news is, it talks about weddings. The bad news is, it is vague. If you are looking for hard and fast answers, you will be disappointed. If you are wondering what weddings are likely to look like for the rest of the year, it gives some indication.
Post Lockdown Weddings – the Latest Update
To save you reading it all, here is what I found it says about weddings:
The government clearly understands that you don’t want to put your wedding off for longer than necessary. So for step two, that’s the one expected to begin on 1st June, they are “ examining how to enable people to gather in slightly larger groups to better facilitate small weddings.” (1)
The document goes on to say that the measures will be examined over the coming weeks, so please don’t hold your breath. You will only make yourself dizzy.
Further down it says about places of worship being opened only in step three, which is the one scheduled to begin on 4th July. My first question was, of course, does it mean only registry office weddings will be allowed during step two? The document doesn’t actually answer this.
Luckily, there are the FAQs on the website, from which at time of posting we can see that church weddings will hopefully go ahead in step two, aswell, under certain restrictions. There is so far not clarification on what those restrictions will be. (2)
What we can take from this document is, that the 50 to 150 guest wedding you were planning, will not happen in June and probably not in July either. Weddings are likely to be very small or even ceremony-only affairs for the first few months. But that is no reason to be sad.
The Post-Lockdown Small Wedding Photography Package
Whatever happens, when you get married, you do want to remember it! If anything, getting married after all this crap that has gone down recently, it will feel twice as big!
I have therefore decided to add a flat-rate wedding package for this type of small wedding to my offerings. The package will include:
- 1.5 hours of my time in Guildford and surrounding villages or Woking (contact me to confirm the price if you are further afield)
- I will cover your arrival at the registry office or church, your ceremony (if I am allowed in), followed by couple photos (outdoors if at all possible) and some photos with all guests present while we all adhere to the social distancing guidelines applicable at the time. We will make it fun, I promise!
- online, password protected gallery to share with your family and friends, to give them a chance to be part of your wedding after all
- all you fully edited images as high resolution downloads from the gallery
- option to add prints, albums or a keepsake usb at additional cost
The price of my Finally-We-Can-Get-Married-Wedding Package is £199. Should the situation change, you can upgrade at any time to one of my longer coverages, since I will only be bookin in one wedding per day.
If you are looking for a wedding photographer to capture your small end-of-lockdown wedding, give me a shout and lets discuss details.
Information correct at time of writing this blog: 11th May 2020
(1) OUR PLAN TO REBUILD:The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy, May 2020, Page 35, chapter STEP TWO Social and family contact
(2) “There’s no change at this time, but we have set out our intention to enable small wedding ceremonies from 1 June. We understand the frustration couples planning a wedding must be feeling at this time. As with all the necessary coronavirus restrictions on register offices, places of worship and other venues, we will look to ease them as soon as it is safe to do so. We will work closely with faith leaders and local government over the coming weeks to go through the practicalities.” (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do?)
07505 289 285
Photography by Nadina Bee
SURREY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Specialist Outdoor Wedding Photographer
from Guildford, covering Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex, Berkshire and the rest of the UK.
#nadinabee #weddingphotographer #doglifestylephotographer